The Acorn Finance Limited strives to protect the privacy of any personal information supplied to us through the Acorn Finance website. This document outlines how information about you is gathered and what is done with this information.
The types of information collected
When you visit our website certain personal information is collected and this may include:
- Information that you input when you voluntarily make an application on, or otherwise use this website
- Your computer’s IP address and other website user behaviour
- Non personal information about traffic to our website, for example the number of website visits.
How your information is used
When you visit our website you are consenting to allow us to collect information about you:-
- To help us provide the service or loan you asked for
- To verify who you are and help you if you contact us or request assistance
- To determine your credit worthiness by doing credit checks and asking referees and references referred by you
- For manage and enforce contracts and agreements and other arrangements between you and Acorn Finance Limited
- To send you information a bout other services that we think will be of interest to you
- Research within the Acorn Finance to improve our service
- For marketing, promotional and publicity activities
- To improve our website performance and make it more effective
- Any other use that you agree to
Protection of Your Personal Information
At Acorn Finance, we take security very seriously and we have in place appropriate systems to minimise the likelihood of unauthorised access to any personal information that we collect or hold. While Acorn Finance makes every effort to protect your personal information, using the internet is not 100% secure. Consequently, Acorn Finance does not guarantee or warrant the security of any information we collect from you or that you provide to us. Acorn Finance will not be responsible for consequences, events or activity resulting from unauthorised access of the information collected from you that you have sent to us.
Access to and Updating Your Personal Information
Acorn Finance complies strictly with New Zealand’s Privacy Act which deals with the holding of personal information. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access information about yourself and ask us to correct it, and to limit the purposes for which it can be used. To see what information we have about you and to make any correction to any information we have about you, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in a browser-related file on your computer hard drive when you use our website. Cookies are widely used on most major websites. Where a Cookie does not identify you or your business personally, it will recognise your computer at a later time. It cannot read your hard disk or perform any commands on your computer. We may use the information generated by Cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from our website
- target website content or accurately market towards specific types of website users
- assess the effectiveness of our marketing
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a Cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. Users choosing not to accept the Cookies may not be able to access certain pages as a result.